A notary public is authorized by the County Administrative Board (Länstyrelsen) to monitor certain issues relating to documents, authorizations, certifications and the similar. The Notary Public can help individuals and companies by, for example:
- certifying signatures, transcripts or translations
- checking lottery draws
- confirming that an authority or person is competent to carry out certain service operations, have a certain grade or a particular skill
- attending as a witness when the depository is closed or opened, or when seals are applied or broken
- attending as a witness in certain cases (eg tender procedures)
- issuing an apostille, i.e. to certify that a signature is genuine. (Authorization under the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, The Hague, 5 October 1961.)
To be able to use or refer to certain forms or documents abroad, it is very important that a notary public has certified these. Without such assurance documents may not be officially registered and therefore be without legal effect.
The notary is not obliged to provide for service of process nor to arrange for translations of forms or documents.
For further information, please contact the Linge law firm.
Office hours: by appointment. Always bring an approved Swedish ID, passport or equivalent if the matter concerns the legalization of various types of papers or documents or for an apostille.
Prices (incl. VAT) for the most common services
- Legalization of a signature on a document 250.00 SEK
- Legalization of two signatures on a document 300.00 SEK
- Legalization of a signatory’s name and permissions on a document 400.00 SEK
- Legalization of two signatory’s name and permissions on a document 475.00 SEK
- Legalization of a photocopy (after presentation of the original) 150.00 SEK
- Certification / affidavit 500.00 SEK
- Apostille 500.00 SEK
- Assignments outside the office is charged per hour.
For other rates please contact us.